Hello all! The weather is steadily getting colder here so it’s time to put our hooks to work helping to keep us warm.Below is a free pattern for a winter scarf.It’s part of my Winter Trio set, pictured below. If you would like to purchase the whole pattern set you can find it on my Ravelry :https://www.ravelry.com/stores/holly-bailey-designs Or on my Etsy:https://www.etsy.com/shop/simplymeholly?ref=profile_header Everything on my Ravelry is on sale right now, 25% off all patterns or buy one get one 50% off with coupon code WinterTrio. This scarf is a very beginner friendly pattern. The seed stitch makes a very warm, textured scarf.
Winter Trio Scarf Free Pattern
- Materials Needed:
- Worsted 4/aran weight yarn roughly 1000 yds(I used lion brand pound of love in black(500 yds), oxford gray(300 yds), and antique white(200 yds)
- 6mm hook
- Needle for weaving ends
Seed stitch: The scarf is made using the seed stitch repeat. Sc in 1st st, dc in next st (you will always begin with a sc made in to the top of the last dc in the previous row,and you will always end with a dc.
- Chain ch
- Single crochet sc
- Double crochet dc
- Stitch st
Notes on color changing: The color changes will always be specified,and the will always be made at the end of a row in the last dc of that row.(See pictures below) When its specified to change color , start your last dc of the row as follows, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over ,pull through 2 loops, pull up new color through the 2 remaining loops. Ch 1, turn.
- Scarf: starting in black yarn
- 1) Ch 31, turn ,starting in the 2nd ch from the hook sc in each st across. Ch 1, turn.(30)
- 2)(Sc in first st, dc in next st) 15 times.(30) 15 sc/ 15 dc
- 3-16)Repeat row 2 thirteen more times. Change to white yarn at the end of row 16.
- 17-21)Repeat row 2 five times. Change to gray yarn at the end of row 21.
- 22-31)Repeat row 2 ten times. Change to white yarn at the end of row 31.
- 32-36) Repeat row 2 five times. Change to black yarn at the end of row 36.
- 37-51) Repeat row 2 fifteen times. Change to white yarn at the end of row 51.
- Repeat rows 3-51 three more times.Once finished,Instead of ending with change to white yarn, keep the black yarn ,ch 1 and turn. Sc in each st across. Fasten off and weave in ends.Add fringe if desired.
I’d love to see your finished scarves and any other wips you are working on ! Feel free to join my crochet group on facebook to share your photos and find more free pattern releases. https://m.facebook.com/groups/1064185624406207/?=group_browse